Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Veterans Day + Chocolate Sauce

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that we are honoring Veteran's Day tomorrow by giving all active and retired military personnel a free tasting and 15% off any purchases as our way of saying thank you for all of your hard work and service for our country. So stop on by tomorrow!

Another exciting note is that the Norton Chocolate Sauce is officially back in the tasting room. We had a 2 week lull without it, but it is back just in time for the holidays! Not only is it fantastic with the Norton wine but it is also amazing with the Cabernet Franc. (We recently discovered how tasty the Cabernet Franc and dark chocolate is...)

The 2009 wines are looking fantastic. I was able to try the Cabernet Sauvignon after work today and I have to say it is amazing. My first impression of it was pomegranates, but this was a few weeks ago. Now after being in barrel for about a week and a half it is incredible. It is very dark and rich in color, inky but with a really beautiful deep red hue. The flavor also incredible, it is unbelievably smooth for how young it is and I know it is only going to get better with time. I wish I had a time machine to speed up the aging process so I could put the wine in the tasting room tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment