Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Birds & the Bees

On my way to work today I saw some sort of bird walking around one of the neighboring horse farms. I wasn't exactly sure what it was but it seemed like it was either a small turkey, a grouse, or a female pheasant. I drove by it too quickly, so I couldn't get a good look at it. I'm still finding new flora and fauna around Charlottesville and Keswick that I am not used to seeing on a day to day, which is always exciting... I even saw a fox the other day!



As for the Vineyards we picked almost all of the rest of the grapes on the vines. We brought in the Chambourcin and the Cabernet Sauvignon... So that leaves only the Norton on the vine! Any time we bring new grapes to the crush pad the influx of bees begins again. I just cannot believe the boys do not get stung everyday with how many there are!



I've only been back there once, but this is a view of the back half of the property! I wish this picture did it justice... It is very beautiful back there. We have the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Chambourcin planted back there so the boys did most of their work in the back today.



This last picture is of Stephen adding the fruit into the "refir" truck. This is basically a large semi-truck with refrigeration capacity. This will keep the grapes cold and fresh for tomorrow when they will be sorted and de-stemmed. I did not get a chance to taste the grapes today so tomorrow when they are de-stemming I am going to grab some grapes to taste them, and let you know how they taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment