Friday, October 16, 2009

Montpelier "Pouring" & Cabernet Sorting


I did not get a chance to finish writing my post yesterday because I was at Montpelier for the majority of the day. We went up there for an employee event that Dominion was having. We met up with Cooper Vineyards and had a two vineyard "festival" of sorts. We took our guests through our different wines and enjoyed the afternoon. It rained on us all throughout the event but luckily we were covered by a nice big tent!


Once we got back to Keswick I found the boys sorting through the Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. Cabernet Sauvignon is one of my personal favorite varietals so I was very excited to try a one (or a few!). The grapes were rather small and only had a tiny seed in them. They were a lot less sweet then all of the other grapes I have tried throughout the season, but I thought they were great! I can't wait to see how the wine turns out!

Looks like we are going to have another busy day today... doing some maintenance to the wines and preparing for our grape stomp, so I'll keep you updated on what occurs in the next few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment