Sunday, October 18, 2009

Grape Stomp & Cabernet Franc

Yesterday we had our first ever grape stomp and it was a lot of fun! In the morning the boys picked some of the grapes we still have on the vines and quickly de-stemmed them into three different bins. Once the event started we had some brave soles jump in and start stomping even though it was rather chilly outside...  Luckily we had some delicious tomato basil soup to warm people up after they got out of the bins of grapes. 



The Rock River Gypsies played some music to accompany the stomping and they were fantastic! They played for our Reds, Whites, and Bluegrass 4th of July event, but I was not working at Keswick Vineyards yet, so I had never seen them! They were amazing, so bravo to them! 

If I could do it all over again, I think I would try and plan the event when it was a little warmer, because the grapes ended up being so chilly! It is crazy how quickly the weather changed out here, just two weeks ago, it was nice and sunny and now it is getting cold... October in San Diego typically is still in the 70s so hanging out in 40 degree weather is a new thing for me!

Thanks to everyone who participated on Saturday! All of the pictures are on the computer at Keswick, so I'll try and post a few once I get back to work on Tuesday.

Oh and I almost forgot! We sold out of the Les Vents de'Anges on Saturday, so our 2008 Cabernet Franc was released today! It is fantastic, smooth with a nice lengthly finish... So come visit us in the tasting room soon to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment