Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Post of Firsts...

This post has a general theme, firsts: This is my first official day as the Keswick Vineyards tasting room manager, this is our first blog post and this week we are pulling in the first of our reds!

To introduce myself, I am Lauren. I am originally from San Diego and after graduating from the University of San Diego in December I was itching to explore a different part of the country. I ended up moving out to Charlottesville three months ago. I drove cross country, with my car packed to the brim, intent on working within the wine industry. I started doing tastings all across the Monticello AVA and I fell in love with Keswick... So after a few months of training and learning everything I can, I am excited to be the new tasting room manager!


To focus on the blog, I am planning on using this as a tool to keep you informed about the goings-on at the vineyard as well as have you learn about the wine, as I work with them and learn about them. Any time I learn something new I'll post it for you. Since I learn something new every day, I'll be on here daily* keeping you just as informed as I am!


Our last "first" (but definitely not our least) is the 2009 reds we are currently harvesting. I am excited to let you know they are looking fantastic! We picked the Touriga and the Syrah at the beginning of the week and we picked the Petite Verdot and Merlot grapes just today. Some of our lucky tasters (including myself) got to try some of them fresh off the vine, and let me tell you they are marvelous! The Merlot grapes are a bit sweet, while the Petite Verdot are nice and tart... I was surprised to be left with an almost tannic feeling on my tongue with the Petite Verdot. Any time we are picking I always convince the boys to bring me a few bunches, so if you come in during a picking day, I'll have them for you to sample. So come in to the tasting room in the next few days while they are still picking so you can try some!

*disclaimer: Sunday/Monday are my days off...

No comments:

Post a Comment